We’re an internationally recognised and award-winning expert in facilitating the development, construction and operation of renewable energy systems for our partners and clients.
We provide all the expertise, services and support our clients need to invest in high quality renewable energy and low carbon technologies in the UK and internationally. We do this by providing consultancy and contracting services to clients and through direct investment in projects and technology solutions with our partners.
This is achieved through our UK and international subsidiary companies:
- Locogen Asset Management: Providing safe and proper operation of renewable assets whilst also maximising revenue streams and boosting ROI for our clients.
- Locogen Consulting: Providing investment-grade technical and commercial expertise and advisory services to support the development, design, build and operation of projects.
- Locogen Energy Services: Providing turnkey design and build services to deliver low carbon energy solutions in the built environment.
- Locogen Developments: Investing in the development and operation of low carbon and renewable energy projects in the UK, either independently or with our partners.
- Locogen Investments: Investing internationally in technology solutions and companies aligned with our vision.
- Locogen SAS: Investing in the development and operation of renewable energy projects in France, either independently or with our partners.
We operate across the renewable power, low carbon heat and low carbon transport sectors. We carefully select reputable high-performing technology providers for our solutions, but always remain independent to ensure the best solutions for each individual situation.
We consent, engineer, procure, construct and operate solutions that deliver results and provide an attractive return on investment for our clients. We offer a full range of services to develop, build and operate all mature and demonstrably successful technologies in these sectors, from concept through construction to operation and decommissioning.
Locogen is leveraging the Scottish Enterprise Green Jobs Call, part of the Scottish Government’s Green Jobs Fund, to help create high-quality roles, working on the company’s innovative Green Energy Hubs project. The Green Jobs Call awarded £500,000 of grant funding to the project, with Locogen contributing another £1.5 million. Green Energy Hubs are designed to
Hull City Council have appointed specialists in the renewable energy sector, including Locogen, to assess the feasibility of the council’s corporate sites for the installation of a number of green energy projects. The council are looking at installing rooftop solar photovoltaics (PV), solar farms, wind turbines, and solar canopies across their corporate sites. Locogen have
Co-locating long duration battery storage with intermittent renewable generation has enormous potential to revolutionise and decarbonise the UK power grid. The Longer Duration Energy Storage Demonstration (LODES) Competition, run by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has awarded Locogen and partners, CellCube, GridBeyond, and Blackfinch Energy with £121,400 to assess the techno-economic
Can you nominate a non-domestic building in Scotland for its use of a low carbon heating system? We’re proud that Locogen has been appointed by the Scottish Government’s Energy and Climate Change Directorate to research leading examples of zero emissions heating systems in non-domestic buildings in Scotland. This includes heat sources such as heat pumps,
Professional maintenance and management of high voltage equipment for your renewable asset is vitally important, both for safety and efficient generation. Legislation and insurance providers both now demand that proper arrangements are in place to manage your high voltage equipment and conduct regular maintenance. But securing properly accredited high voltage services can be time consuming
We’re absolutely thrilled that that the Bespoke Community Wind Turbine project has won Best Community Project at the 2021 Scottish Green Energy Awards. It’s been a long road, but ultimately a successful one, resulting in a project, maybe the last FiT accredited one, that will benefit the community for many years to come. Read below